Sunday, April 10, 2011

RAGE Might Be OK

So there's the recent weapons trailer for RAGE, by Id software, coming out this September (maybe).


I don't know. The game certainly looks beautiful. The character models are fantastic. But the actual gameplay I have seen so far...just looks meh. Not bad by any means, but it doesn't even seem to be trying to bring anything new to the table. You've got your standard pistol, shotgun, assault rifle...snore. That boomerang thing looks neat but that's about it. Enemies just run at you or jump around. The driving segments look fun but the actual FPS segments remind me of every other shooter I've ever played.

I know this game was in development first, but as much as I tell my brain to stop comparing RAGE to Borderlands I can't help but think "Been there, done that." Gearbox may have gotten there first and done it better. Or maybe it's not really fair to compare the two. Either way, I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that RAGE might be merely OK, instead of the second coming of Laser Jesus, like everyone is predicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment