Saturday, February 26, 2011

Games That Need Sequels

With all the lackluster sequels being turned out these days, what's even more baffling is the list of games that haven't gotten a sequel. Here's a short list of 4 that we would love to see.


Guitar Hero - I will never forget the first time I held that tiny plastic guitar in my hands. I finally knew what it was like to be a true rockstar. No more looking like an idiot strumming that tennis racket. This was the real deal.

If Harmonix gets on the ball and makes a sequel I can really see this taking off. The potential for these "rhythm games" as I call them is endless. If they can do it with a guitar, they could make all kinds of plastic instruments...Flute, clarinet, oboe, and dare I say it.....Saxophone Hero. Fuck yes.


Medal of Honor - I know what you're all thinking. Why do we need a sequel to Medal of Honor when we have Call of Duty? Honestly, I can't really answer that. I just think it would be very cool to play a Medal of Honor game that visits some different fronts of World War 2. Imagine one that takes place in the Pacific and has you fighting the Japanese! Or how about Stalingrad?? Someone better be writing this down.


Grand Theft Auto - This was the first free-roaming sandbox shooting game I've ever played. It's so incredibly innovative, I can't believe nobody has tried to rip it off yet. You can pick up hookers, have sex with hookers, and kill hookers...in any order you please. I hope if they do make a sequel that they add a little more variety though. Maybe like robot hookers or something.


Every Nintendo Franchise - Let me just say that I love Nintendo. Their games are always so fun and innovative. Games like Metroid, Super Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda are some of my favorites. So I think it's about darn time they made sequels to all of these games! What are you waiting for Nintendo, do you hate money?!? I want to see more of these characters and their stories. What happens after Mario rescues the princess? Maybe Samus could look for more metroids on another planet? What if Ganon isn't really dead? So many possibilities!

I even had another idea for a game. I had this crazy dream where the characters just chill out together between games and play racquetball or go go-karting. No wait, that actually sounds kind of retarded. Forget I said anything.

1 comment:

  1. If only they'd make Cowbell Hero, I'd be all over that shit.

    ReplyDelete