Monday, October 24, 2011

Battlefield 3 Single Player Impressions


Wait, you didn't read that wrong, and no I am not posting from the future! Thanks to a Korean VPN proxy I was able to unlock my BF 3 singleplayer early and I've put a couple hours into it so far. Ok, so the official reviews came out yesterday, but I bet you all can't wait to see what a big whiny baby has to say about this game. No? Me either...

One thing you've probably gleaned from the reviews is that this game plays something like Call of Duty. And by that I mean it plays exactly like Call of Duty. They really should change their slogan from "Above and Beyond the Call" to "We couldn't fit any more of CoD's dick in our mouth if we tried". It's all there: The story treads the line perfectly between ripping off Black Ops and ripping of Modern Warfare 2. The gameplay is the same, from the stupid quicktime events to the AI that is dumber than a box of hair.

By the sounds of this, you are probably thinking that I hate this game. Well I actually happen to like Call of Duty. So playing CoD with better graphics and destructible environments is something I am totally cool with. The guns all feel nice and punchy, the graphics are god damn amazing, and the chatter between soldiers feels authentic enough that it's like playing an episode of Generation Kill.

I don't know what else there is to say, really. This is the game that I thought MW 2 would be based on it's first level. BF 3 plays things much straighter, and ends up better for it. The plot so far is stupid but not offensively so. Things go boom a lot, and it looks and sounds incredible. In the end, it's a fun way to pass the time until the multi-player unlocks. And let's be honest, that's the only thing anyone gives a shit about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment