Sunday, October 9, 2011

Battlefield 3 Beta Impressions


So the open beta for BF3 came out a little while ago, and we've both had a chance to log some time on it. With Rage and Dark Souls being released last week I guess we sort of neglected to talk about it. Probably because the beta is a giant turd out of a fat man's butt.

I don't know what else to say, really. Jaison and I both tried it on PC and 360. It's buggy and shows some really dumb design choices. We played a couple rounds together and both of us had our fill. The first map they chose is a small player count rush map with no vehicles. On 360 it runs better, but things are so muddled it's really hard to see your enemy before they blow your brains out. The PC version looks quite a bit nicer, but seems to be more buggy. I constantly get crashes and weird stuff happening.

I don't know about 360, but on PC they just released a new map which is a 64 player conquest map, with vehicles! I can't comment on it though because I can't stay in a fucking match for more than 2 minutes. I am constantly getting kicked or the game crashes or christ knows what else. It's really frustrating and I think it's going to put many people off buying the game.

I know it's a beta, it's old code, it's unfinished, blah blah. But this is what you're choosing to show people and as such, you really should try to put your best foot forward. I am confident the final release will be good; not great, but good. But after playing the beta, it's hard to maintain any enthusiasm for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment