Monday, August 8, 2011

New RAGE Trailer


As Id's new game creeps ever closer to launch, we're learning more and more about the plot. And with each new trailer I grow a little more concerned. I mean, it certainly looks pretty. But that's about it.

I'm sad to say that the story as they have it laid out here does absolutely jack shit for me. Stop me if you've heard this one before. A guy wakes up in a so-called "vault", since he dwells there you could even call him a "vault dweller". He then ventures out into a wasteland and joins up with a rag-tag group of freedom fighters to combat (super) mutants and an oppressive military force trying to rule the wasteland with an iron fist.

Yeah, real fucking creative guys. Total cutting edge stuff here. I love how our two factions are known as "The Authority" and "The Resistance". Because we wouldn't want people getting confused about who is the bad guy here. At least the Enclave in Fallout looked pretty impressive. The authority guys look a lot like the Crimson Lance from Borderlands.

The dialog in the trailer was also pretty cheesy and bad all-around. I mean, "Take him to the kill room"? You guys kill so many people that you need to designate a whole room for it? Maybe you should re-evaluate your business practices. "Excuse me Stu, may I use your kill room?" "Why yes of course, head down the hall and take the first left at the day spa." Also, nice use of the Kyle Scream in the trailer (at 2:30).

On the other hand, maybe I should just shut up. We both know we'll be buying this game anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment