Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Most Wasted Potential


For a while this was a toss-up between Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, but then it occurred to me that nobody really expected MW 3 to be anything more than mediocre. Battlefield 3 had a lot of potential between the new Frostbite engine, breath-taking visuals and 64 player conquest.

Instead what we got was a relatively uninspired singleplayer campaign, godawful multiplayer interface, glitches, bugs, balance issues and a frustrating unlock system that actively handicaps new players. It seems like they managed to combine many of the annoying parts of classic Battlefield with those of the newer Bad Company series. When everything clicks, the game is great fun and you see a spark of greatness. Most of the time though, it's as productive as slamming your head in a car door. I'm hoping in time it will get patched to the point where I'll actually enjoy it, but I won't hold my breath. Better luck next time, Dice.

1 comment:

  1. As much as I am enjoying playing online(after 30 hrs to rank up to get better weapons)..BF2 is a far better game.

    ReplyDelete