Sunday, December 18, 2011

Best Sequel


Dark Souls is everything a good sequel should be. It expands on the core concepts of the original, while still managing to do it's own thing without just feeling like a retread. I guess this is partly because it's more of a spiritual sequel, telling a completely new story. While I didn't enjoy the story as much as the original, I felt the much larger size of the game and cool additions like covenants more than made up for it.

There is a lot to do in this game and I enjoyed every minute of it (Except Anor Londo, seriously fuck you anor londo!). Between levelling up, upgrading gear and exploring the world, I spent around 50 hours on my first play-through. That's more than some people spend on Skyrim. Woah! And I still am not bored of it. I feel like I got a good value for my money on this one.

2 comments: