Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let's talk about Fez


I finally got a chance to play the demo of this long awaited XBLA exclusive last week. If you're like Jaison and you still don't know what Fez is, shame on you! Google it, I'm not doing your homework for you. Anyway I was thoroughly impressed by it. Very much reminded of the old NES and SNES games I would spend hours trying to figure out where the hell to go. In this case I didn't really mind though as I was having such a good time just exploring. Fez is a very well made game.

Almost as entertaining as the game itself is the controversy surrounding it, or the creator anyway. Apparently last month at GDC when asked what he though of current-gen Japanese games Phil Fish replied "Your games just suck." You can imagine the internet shitstorm that erupted over that comment. On twitter, he responded by telling one of his critics to choke on his dick. He also responded to people who said they would pirate his game out of spite with "Gamers are the worst f*cking people." I guess what I am saying is this guy is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment