Friday, August 27, 2010

Xbox Live is Getting Better Voice Chat

If you haven't heard the fall update for the 360 will include improved voice chat. And I say it's about fucking time. I just guessing here, but I'm willing to bet this is a direct result of Microsoft shutting down online support for original Xbox games, namely Halo 2, back in April. I wonder what other technological marvels we would have experience by now if it wasn't for that over-hyped piece of shit keeping us in the digital stone age.

If Microsoft was smart they would've done this a long time ago, and then released a new version of Halo 2 with updated live functionality. Similar to what Sony did with the God of War Collection. I know some of you out there are bitching to yourselves about how stupid I am, and all the technical impossibilities of making such an upgrade. But I'm sure, even if you had to rewrite the code from the ground up, it would be well worth the time and effort Microsoft would spend to give back a piece of your shattered youth. I know you'd eat that shit up, like the salivating dogs that you are. It'd be like selling Doritos to pot heads.

Moral of the story Microsoft is stupid, and they're finally upgrading voice chat. Now it's time for me to go tell off Kranger, while he still doesn't know what I'm saying.

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute, you mean voice quality is being upgraded from 'blowing into a kazoo' to 'two tin cans tied together with string' quality? Glorious day!

    I always thought the terrible quality was more the fault of those 5 cent headsets microsoft includes with every 360.

    ReplyDelete